Parents R People Terms of Service
The following are the terms and conditions for use of this website. If you believe that any content on the Site violates any of these Terms, please e-mail us immediately. In addition, if you have any comments or feedback about another User, Professional, or someone posting content on this Site, that you feel is inappropriate you should advise us immediately. Parents R People reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
In the terms and conditions that follow, the terms “user,” “you” and “your” refer to the individual or organization that creates an account as either a User or Professional and the terms “we,” “us” and “our” will refer to Parents R People Inc., its agents, employees and authorized affiliates. The words,”Terms” or “TOS” refer to the terms contained in this Agreement. The word “User” will be used to describe the person who asks questions on this Site. The word “Professional” will be used to describe the person who answers questions on this Site.
- Right of Modification
Parents R People reserves the right to change, revise or modify the Terms or any of the related Agreements at any time by posting the amended terms on the Site. All amended terms shall automatically be effective upon posting. Your continued use of the Service will signify your acceptance of the revised Terms or related Agreement, as the case may be. If you do not accept the revised terms, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Service. The latest Terms and related Agreements will be posted on the Site, and you should always review them prior to using the Site. Parents R People reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or discontinue any Services, for any reason, without notice.
- Member Accounts and Restricted Activities
As a “user”, you represent that you are authorized to create and access an account. Through the user process, you will establish a user name and password for access to your online account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name, account data and password.
You agree to comply with all procedures, including providing and maintaining accurate information in your account. You agree that you are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or password, including the content of your account as used throughout the Service. You will immediately notify Parents R People of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Any content provided by you on the site (including any questions asked or answered) and your use of our Service shall not: (a) be fraudulent, inaccurate or misleading; (b) infringe any third party’s proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy (Parents R People has adopted Take Down Procedures for unauthorized use of copyrighted material); (c) be illegal or violate any federal, state or local law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (d) be in competition with Parents R. People (e) be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing; (f) be obscene or contain child pornography or, if otherwise adult in nature or harmful to minors, shall be posted with “Mature Audiences Only” in the listing title and appropriate notices to prevent unauthorized underage viewing and shall be distributed only to people legally permitted to receive such content ; (g) contain any viruses, Trojan horses, or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; (h) create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers; and (i) link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that: (aa) are prohibitedunder this Agreement; or (bb) you do not have a right to link to or include. You may not consummate any transaction that was initiated using our Service that, by could cause us to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation. Furthermore, you may not resell or make any commercial use of our system without our prior consent.
Without limiting any other remedies, Parents R People may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect, in our sole judgment, that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site or have engaged in activities in violation of these Terms or any related Agreements with Parents R. People.
- Parents R. People is a Venue For Entertainment Purposes any question, at anytime, from anywhere. EMERGENCY QUESTIONS AND CRISIS SITUATIONS (particularly regarding medical or mental health) should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Parents R People is not the appropriate venue to deal with emergency or crisis situations. In addition, we are not involved in the actual conversation between Users and Professionals. We do not edit, modify, filter, screen, or otherwise monitor the content of questions, answers, profiles, qualifications or comments or have any obligation to monitor the content. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the answers given, the truth or accuracy of the answers, the ability of Professionals to answer questions or the legitimacy of the Users questions. Because we are a venue, in the event that you either a User or Professional have a dispute with another User or Professional, you release Us (and our officers, directors, agents, parents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.Parents R People acts as a venue for entertainment purposes to allow anyone to ask or answer
- No Assurances Given From and No Reliance on Term “Expert” or Professional
Throughout this Site, certain terms, including “Expert”, “Specialist”, “Consultant” or “Advisor” may be used to refer to someone who claims to have certain knowledge, background or experience that may be useful in responding to a question posed by a user. Use of such terms provides no assurance that the person answering your question has any expertise or qualifications to give such advice. You acknowledge that Parents R People has not and cannot independently verify their qualifications. If you do not like any answer for any reason, you should disregard it. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Parents R People reserves the right, but is not obligated, to remove any content that it believes violates any of theseTerms, including, without limitation, any objectionable or personally identifiable information.
- Identity Verification
We verify the accuracy of the e-mail address our users provide us when they register on the Site. However, because user verification on the Internet is difficult, Parents R People cannot and does not confirm each user’s purported identity. Thus, we have established a user-initiated feedback system to help you evaluate with whom you are dealing.
- Information Control and Storage
We do not control the information provided by Users and Professionals that is made available through our system. You may find other User’s or Professionals information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate, or deceptive. Please use caution and common sense when using the Site. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense. Additionally, there may also be risks dealing with international trade and foreign nationals. By using this Site, you agree to accept such risks and Parents R People is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Users or Professionals on the Site.
The amount of storage space per member is currently limited. You agree that Parents R People is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to store information.
- Exclusion of Warranties PARENTS R PEOPLE SERVICES AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” ANDWITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US THROUGH THIS SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. PARENTS R. PEOPLE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. PARENTS R. PEOPLE DOES NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE, FROM THIRD PARTIES OR A LINKED SITE WILL BE CORRECT, ACCURATE, TIMELY, RELIABLE OR OTHERWISE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARENTS R. PEOPLE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A USER’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, FROM THIRD PARTIES (SUCH AS EXPERTS PROFESSIONALS OR OTHERS) OR A LINKED SITE, OR USER’S RELIANCE ON ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A THIRD PARTY OR A LINKED SITE.
12.Limitation of Liabilities
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE, OUR SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT BASED ON ANY THEORY, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US AND YOU. THIS SITE AND THEINFORMATION WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. IN NO EVENT WILL OUR LIABILITY, AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND SUPPLIERS, TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAY TO US IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (B)$100 . SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMIITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Parents R. People, any and all parent, subsidiary, or affiliate organizations, officers, agents and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, asserted by any third party that are in any way due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the Service. Parents R People shall provide you reasonable notice of such claim.
14.Termination or Suspension of Service
If you wish to terminate your service, you may do so by furnishing us with written notice of your decision. Your notification must be sent via e-mail to us. Cancellations will be effective within 7 business days. All debts and fees if any must be paid before cancellation can take effect.
We reserve the right to terminate your service at any time without cause or notice. In addition, we reserve the right to suspend your account indefinitely if we suspect any fraudulent or inappropriate activity is being conducted through the use of the Site (such as, for example, unauthorized use of a credit card) and such suspension will remain in effect until we are satisfied in our sole judgment that such activity is not occurring. Terminated accounts may be subject to a reactivation fee. Parents R. People shall have no obligation to maintain any content in your account. Termination does not affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
- No Endorsement of Non-Parents R People Entity ; No Relationship with Users.any of the Related Agreements) or by your participation on the site.Parents R People may endeavor to offer to its users products and services offered by non-Parents R People entities. Placement of information, logos, links or names of such non-Parents R People entities on the website does not constitute an endorsement or warranty of these entities, their products or services. Users take full responsibility for a decision to visit or patronize any such entity and hold Parents R People harmless from any liability arising from such actions. You further acknowledge that no relationship (such as partnership, agent, joint venturer, or employee) is created between you and Parents R People or between any user (including Professionals and Experts) and Parents R People by formation of this Agreement (or
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY,
COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, FROM THIRD PARTIES OR OBTAINED FROM A LINKED SITE. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC OPINION, ADVICE, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT. THE MATERIALS AND CONTENT PROVIDED BY PARENTS R. PEOPLE AND ITS PROVIDERS ARE NOT INTENDED TO AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. REGISTRATION OR ENROLLMENT FOR THE SERVICE AND ACCEPTANCE OF A NEW ACCOUNT DOES NOT CREATE A PROFESSIONAL-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND ARE NOT THE SUBJECT OF PRIVILEGE AND CONFIDENTIALITY STANDARDS ASSOCIATED THEREWITH.
i6. Proprietary Rights of Content
You acknowledge and agree that Parents R People owns the rights to its website and all content displayed on the Site. You acknowledge that all content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in listings, sponsor advertisements or email-distributed, commercially produced information presented to you by the Service, by Parents R. People, Its users, or Advertisers or other content providers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way content available through the Service, including code and software for commercial purposes For permission to use third party materials appearing on the Site.. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Site. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
You agree that any content or information provided on the Site, whether as a question or answer, will not be considered confidential and may be used by Parents R People. In addition, you agree that any materials or ideas submitted on the Site or to the Site administrator or any employee, officer or agent of Parents R People, will not be considered confidential and may be used by Parents R People, in its sole discretion, without any obligation to compensate for its use of the ideas and without any obligation to return any submitted materials. You hereby grant Us a non-exclusive,worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights, including the right to create derivative works thereof, that you have in your content and information, in any media now known or not currently known, with respect to any such content or information.
17.Press Release Information
The Site may contain information and press releases about us. While this information was believed to be accurate as of the date prepared, we disclaim any duty or obligation to update this information or any press releases. Information about companies other than ours contained in the press release or otherwise, should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by us.
18.Disputes, Assignment, and Governing Law
These Terms and the related Agreements constitute the complete and exclusive statement of the Agreement between you and us. It supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreement, oral or written, and any other communications, representations, warranties and understanding relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between an oral representation of any Parents R People employee or agent and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will prevail. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will prevail.
If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect. You and Parents R. People agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to this Service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. You may not assign this Agreement to any other party. Parents R People shall not be deemed to have waived any of our rights or remedies unless such waiver is in writing and signed by us. No delay or omission on the part of us in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies on future occasions. The section titles in these Terms are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance.
This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Each party using our website or services agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York, and agrees that venue for any action resulting from this Agreement or the use of our Services shall be in Nassau County, New York and waives any and all jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections.
Updated October 20o8